Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 31- The Final day- Post Surgery

Final FREE PRETZEL #31
May 31st- Day 31- My first day after my surgery and the last thing I thought about was eating anything.  They had moved my esophagus during the surgery and because I was not feeling to well from the effects of the anesthesia it would be 3-5 days until I even wanted to swallow my own saliva.  Smoothies, ice cream, water ice, yogurt, pudding and jello were about the best choices for me.  The crazy part was I knew I was supposed to go home today and realized I needed to be home before the Philly Pretzel Factory closed so that we could get the last FREE PRETZEL.

My dad waiting for me to return from the hospital, got a special treat
The FREE PRETZEL recipient on this day would be my dad.  Not just because he is my dad, but for more than a million reasons he deserved a special treat.  These past two weeks have not been easy and my dad has been the one playing chauffeur and getting me from place to place, even taking me to the movies when I felt well enough to leave the house for the first time.  He helped take our kids to the babysitter and to school.  he even came over and mowed our lawn one day before taking me out to run a few errands.  He took me to my doctor's appointment and Katie and I cannot thank him and my mom for helping us during this time.

My dad has always been there for me and all my brothers and sisters and I wanted to make sure that this blog was finished before this weekend, being Father's Day.  He is the best dad I could ever ask for and there are not enough words to describe how this small time with him made me feel, but also anytime with him makes me feel.  It is special.  This small month of fun things to do with a FREE PRETZEL was supposed to be special.  My dad's faith and love for life, his children, grandchildren, my mom and his family is what makes him so special. I try hard to be like him and hope that I make him proud.  These few weeks all he could do was worry about me and make sure that I was ok.  Thanks dad for everything.

Completed!
When it was all said and done, I had no idea that I would be typing the final entry on June 13th.  Sometimes things happen and you have to adjust.  It was fun again this year and just like last year I want to say Thank You to everyone who kept reading and if you made it to the end, sorry it took so long.  It has been a busy, crazy month and a hectic, bizarre last two weeks.  It is amazing to me that I am able to do some of the things that I am doing right now, given what happened two weeks ago, but it also makes me think that doing this blog is small, but meaningful.  If you did not get a FREE PRETZEL and you are a loyal reader I am truly sorry.  There's always next year, right?

I have pretty close to 6,000 views, which almost tripled from last year.  At this rate maybe I will just start throwing in some random entries whenever to keep you on your toes.
Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your days wherever you are and if you are enjoying them with a soft pretzel, free or not, it is probably a good time.

Until whenever...

No comments:

Post a Comment