Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1st- Anyone need a realtor?

May 1, 2014- Year 3, Day 1


FREE PRETZEL #1



(said in the Joker's voice) And...here...we...go!  The Daily Twist is back in action and although the daunting task of writing the blog each night lies ahead, I look forward to creating happiness one day at a time with free soft pretzels.  The same old distractions (NHL playoffs, impending neck surgery) are gone, replaced with (new teacher evaluation system, and moving into a new house). Which brings me to the first recipient.

If the title of the post was confusing, then it would be good to tell you we recently sold our house in Haddon Twp, and moved three block closer to Haddon Ave, one block over and now officially reside in Collingswood.  Overseeing both the sale of the old home and the purchase of the brand spanking, totally rehabbed, new home, was realtor extroidinare, Erin Finazzo (Thornton).  She will always be Thornton to me, so it's tough to type Finazzo.  Sorry Joe (her husband).

Erin and her boys, Joey and Jack
 
Erin did an amazing job marketing our little home on Merrick Ave.  We had over 40 showings in a little more than 3 months and then made the quick turn around to get us into our new home, only three weeks after we sold the first house.  She dealt with countless emails, texts and phone calls from Katie and me with updates of all kinds.  We took being her client to a new level.  It was like we thought we were her only clients! She was truly a rock star. To understand this relationship, you also have to know that I have known Erin, like a lot of other recipients, since our high school days.  Hence, not letting go of the Thornton.  We have known each other a long time, and hopefully this will be the last time she has to have us as clients.  We do not intend on moving anywhere else for a LONG time.

I texted Erin early this morning asking if she would be home, not telling her why, and she replied that she would.  I found it funny that she never asked, but Katie and I had planned this day about a month ago, so it was an easy set up.  When I arrived at her house, all three kids in my back seat, and got out of the car, it was only then that Erin realized what was happening. She threw her arms up and said "Are you bringing me a pretzel?  Am I the special person today?  Am I the recipient?"  She laughed as I reached into the bag and presented her with the FREE PRETZEL, but also with extra for Joey and Jack.  The were very appreciative.  After a few minutes of chit chat and her showing off the beginnings of their nice new house addition, she all of a sudden realized that she was the FIRST RECIPIENT and then told me she was very honored.  Whether it was in a jokey way of not, it made me happy that she was so happy.  It makes it all worthwhile.  I'm glad she and her boys enjoyed it.

Side note 1: Erin works side by side with Mike Merkle.  He too was wonderful, but I have a feeling there might be more about him later this month.

Side note 2: Frequenting the Philly Pretzel Factory in Collingswood so often has its privileges.  As I picked up the FREE PRETZEL today, I also bought some for the kids and made sure that Erin's boys would not be empty handed, but unfortunately their credit card reader was on the fritz.  The kid, only because he is younger than me, knows me because of the blog and since I only had $2 on me, said "I know you will be here tomorrow.  We will get it from you then."  Thanks.

I will see them tomorrow and hopefully another new person will be just as happy as Erin and her boys.

We are off to a good start. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Until tomorrow...


1 comment:

  1. So excited it is back again this year! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete