Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 17th- Too Sick

May 17, 2014 Year 3 Day 17
FREE PRETZEL #17 (even the picture wouldn't cooperate today)
I will just say it...today sucked.  It started at about 2 am with me hugging the toilet trash can as I barely made it to the bathroom.  Apparently I did not stay far enough away from Katie the past two days and everything catches up with you sometime. Good thing it didn't happen during NJASK! (sarcasm)

Anyway, I spent most of the day in my bed trying to sleep as the kids took over the house.  I lay in bed until almost 3 o'clock realizing that I needed to get up and get the FREE PRETZEL.  Yes that is what I was thinking.  I need to get the Pretzel.  The scary thing is that on the weekends, even though it says they are open until 5, my local Pretzel Factory will sometimes close early.  To my pleasure, after taking a shower and forcing myself into my car and up the street, they were still open around 3:45.  The two guys, Dylan and another that I don't know his name, were hard at work.  I shared with them that I was not feeling well and they also said that they had no been feeling well.  This did not make me feel better as they have been preparing pretzels all day.  So I grabbed my FREE PRETZEL and headed home. 

I did not have the time or energy to present it to a specific recipient today, so Katie and the kids shared it as they played outside and I plopped myself on the couch, watching golf and the Preakness pre-race telecast.  Note to self, when you fall asleep on the couch and leave your phone unguarded, your young children will grab it and will try and play games on it.  Good thing it was locked. They did somehow manage to take a few pictures.  Here is one beauty that they took.


Then when I woke I could not find my phone and after questioning them told me they had taken it to their room, trying to break the code so they could play Angry Bird Star Wars.  Amazing.

So hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I will have the energy to continue this adventure.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment