Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 9th- It pays to be the backbone

May 9th, 2014- Year 3 Day 9
FREE PRETZEL #9
Friday was a good day.  It's Friday.  The next day is the weekend.  I had to give a make up NJASK to one student and then we were done for the year.  Katie and I had a babysitter in the form of Carolyn Eagen, so life was good.

The Philly Soft Pretzel Factory was hopping and I picked up an extra 25 pretzels as a treat for my class for completing their NJASK test.Heading into school I knew that I wanted to surprise what is arguably the backbone of our school.  Tracy Redmond and Pat Sedlak are the the secretaries ay Sharp School and keep everything running smoothly every day, with a cool, calm, attitude.  Although at times they can be forceful to make sure things get done, it is always for the benefit of the students or staff at our school.  These two ladies end up being like mothers to all of the staff and I found it only fitting that I give them these FREE PRETZELS the day before Mother's Day weekend. 

These two ladies are always there to lend a helping hand, a helpful reminder and keep up us up to date with the coming and goings in a busy elementary school .

Tracy said "This is great.  I was very hungry this morning and now I won't be."

Both did not know about the blog and I was happy to make their day, feed their appetite and share in my adventure.  Thanks Tracy and Pat, for all you do.

Pat and Tracy ready to gobble up their pretzels
Shout-outs:

-To Carolyn Eagen (Toots, like foots) for babysitting our kids allowing us to take in The Tortiall Press in Collingswood, instead of just ordering takeout form there again.  Thanks!

-To the Paul VI Golf team for getting 3 players on the Olympic Conference National Division First team.  Congrats Matt, Nick and Jack

-To Dylan who works at the Pretzel Factory 6 days a week and goes to school.  This guys works hard and almost every day.  Its nice that he knows me by my face now

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment