Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 22nd- An evening snack

May 22, 2014 Year 3 Day 22


With 9 days left and 9 or so FREE PRETZELS left, there was one couple that is anxiously awaiting their family to increase by one.  Bob and Beth Ann Lutz, live around the corner from us in Haddon Twp, just across Haddon Ave. I have known Beth Ann since high school and Bob was brought into our group of friends when he worked at Canon with my younger brother Mike and a group of my high school buddies for a few yearsA few years later he met Beth Ann and the rest is history. 

Beth Ann is expecting their first child any day and I could not think of two more deserving people for an evening snack.  I presented them with their FREE PRETZEL at about 8:20 tonight and both were awake and easily enjoyed their snack.  Bob said "Anytime is a good time for soft pretzels.  They're so good." Bob knew a little about the pretzel blog and said, "Your still doing that?  That's awesome."
I guess "red" is the Lutz household pajama color.
Beth Ann, being the great elementary school teacher that she is, commented that it was a really cool idea.  She is out of school until the baby comes, (doctors orders) and I could not be happier for the two of them.  My wife, Katie, is hoping Beth Ann makes it all the way and then the baby would share a birthday with her on June 4th.  I'm sure Beth Ann might want it a little earlier. 

Bob and I have had some fun times, AC, Philly St. Patty's, Flyers/Devils games and even shared a Phillies 6-pack of tickets one year as well as moving baby dressers into their house at 10 pm.
The two of them are two of the most positive upbeat people that I know and are going to make great parents. I am glad they enjoyed their snack.  I might even get to update the blog if the baby comes before May is out.  I will keep you posted!  No pressure Beth Ann.  Good Luck!


Birthday Shout outs: Notre Dame alum and current Chicagoan Melissa Tacey!  Hope you had a great birthday and someday you will get a real soft pretzel on your bday. 


Regular shout out: The Leone family for hosting this years end of the year party for the PVI Golf team.  I already mentioned, last week that this was the most successful season of my tenure.  We finished the season with a 13-3 record, 11-0 in the division. 

Okay Phillies, tomorrow is the night you need to show up.  Katie and I will be taking in the game for my birthday.  Hope it's a nice night.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment