Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 26th- Memorial Day. Staying with the Family

May 26, 2014 year 3 Day 26
 
FREE PRETZEL #26

The Pretzel Factory was open today.  Yay! I was able to get the FREE PRETZEL, but only after me and the kids had some fun at the Riverside Memorial Day parade.  It was long.  It was hot, but there was plenty of candy and ice pops!

"Where is the parade?"
Here are some more shots from the parade:
Army truck #1

Army truck #2

And of course we had to have a flag
Patrick saluting
And lastly, the Delran Fire Company bringing up the rear of the parade.
Hometown heroes!
It was a good time and as this is the 3rd year doing this, I guess we can call it a tradition now.

Today was Memorial Day and it is a day to honor all those who have served our country, but it can also be a time to think about all loved ones.  For those that don't know, I lost my grandmother this past February.  She lived a long 96 years and many would say it was probably time, but it always hurts when someone you love is just gone.  When I started this journey, I was told that she loved soft pretzels, just like most people that we know, but by honoring her once each year, it was a small way for me to connect with her.  My Aunt Kathy and my mom were two people who told me about my Mom-Mom's love of soft pretzels and so today, as I ventured over to my club to play golf again, I was able to surprise my aunt with her FREE PRETZEL.
Aunt Kathy with her after the round treat.
I gave her the FREE PRETZEL today, for not only following along with the blog and for being my aunt, but for always thinking of me and my family.  She has been very generous in offering up Phillies tickets when she has not been able to use them as well as passing along toys and items that my cousin Ali and her kids aren't using anymore.  My kids have been more then pleased to reap the benefits from that.  Thanks.  I got a text later from Aunt Kathy saying "I love Philly pretzels.  Thank you so much."  I am glad she enjoyed it with her lunch.
For Mom-Mom
I thought since my mom was there golfing today too, that the two of them could pose with the FREE PRETZEL in memory of their mom.  It is hard for me to think of my Mom-Mom without thinking about her love for pretzels and by doing this blog those memories can be etched her forever.  So today's Memorial Day was also a way to honor my Mom-Mom.  I hope she is having plenty of soft pretzels and ice cream where she is.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment