Friday, May 11, 2018

May 7th- She said yes to the dress!

May 7, 2018- Day 7 Year 7-


FREE PRETZEL #7
'This morning I woke up and when I opened my phone and facebook appeared, one of the first images I saw was of a first grade teacher at Johnson, Liz Martines.  Liz was holding up a sign that said, "I said yes to the dress," obviously indicating that she has picked her wedding dress for her upcoming nuptials in August of 2019.  Her and her fiance' David will have their reception at Scotland Run Golf Course.

Liz told me she tried on about 20 dresses over a two weekend period at a few different places before settling on "THE ONE" at Country Way Bridal.
"It finally happened!"  Yes it did Liz
Liz has been at Johnson for as long as I have been here, 4 years, but her journey has been a bit different. Her first year she started as an educational assistant before ending that year as one of our Title 1 resource teachers.  Her second year she continued in that Title 1 teacher role before moving over into her own classroom as a full time first grade teacher for years 3 and 4. She loves having her own classroom and not moving all over the school.

Liz is a Cherry Hill lifer attending Queen of Heaven Catholic elementary school before moving on to Carusi for middle school and High School West.  She received her undergrad degree from Franklin and Marshall.

After getting her FREE PRETZEL, she said "It finally happened!"  It's always nice to make someone's day.  She told me later that day that she enjoyed it very much.

Until tomorrow...or whenever I get around to it at this point.



No comments:

Post a Comment