Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 16- A special Visitor!


FREE PRETZEL #16
May 16th- Day 16- It was Thursday today and I think a lot of people were getting happy that the week was at it's end.  Teachers in NJ of 3rd and 4th graders were happy that NJASK was coming to a close.  My sister Mary, and her friend Caitlyn, left for cruise.  Many college students are packing up and heading home for the summer or graduating.  It's cause for a happy time of year.

For me this Thursday meant a visit from my younger brother Michael for the weekend.  He flew in from Ohio to attend his childhood friend, Eds, bachelor party.  Of course the party isn't the whole weekend, so he is catching up with friends and family too. 

I decided against getting the FREE PRETZEL in the morning in hopes that I could get a fresh one in the afternoon and give to my brother.  He flew in early in the day and met me and the boys at our house.  I presented him the the FREE PRETZEL and he immediately started looking around for something to do with it that was original. We got this beauty:  
Mike was preparing himself for the weekend ahead
Of course now my mom will now have something to say about this.  Ha!  Good luck with that.
We are going to the Phillies game tomorrow (Friday night) and bachelor party festivities take place on Saturday.  It should be a good weekend. 

It's always nice to be able to see my brother so I have been looking forward to this weekend. I hope you will understand if the blog might be late again tomorrow. 

He received his pretzel, we proceeded to play outside with Patrick and Declan for a little bit.  After seeing our backyard and the boys run around, he was happy to see that his life was not much different than mine.  He doesn't have twins, but his 3 year-old son Gabriel definitely gives him a run for his money.  He also has a 1 year-old daughter Mia, but I think she hasn't reached terror phase yet.  Ha!

Some readers of the blog might be wondering why I would be giving a pretzel to my brother because I gave him one last year?  Well last years pretzel was to him and his family and it was the cross-country pretzel.  This one he didn't have to share either.

Tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is shaping up nicely.  I hope you all enjoy!

Special shout outs:

-To all those that had a birthday today!

-Because I am a golf fan, I have to mention that PGA Golfer Keegan Bradley shot a 60 yesterday on a par 70 course AND he had two bogeys!  That's insane.

Lastly, Farewell to The Office.  I thought it was a fitting end.  There won't be many shows like you again. 

Until later today

1 comment: