Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 26- For our Neighbors

FREE PRETZEL #26
 May 26th Day 26- On this Memorial Day Sunday I decided to take time to honor our neighbors Ron and Alan. I never told them about the blog so they were surprised to hear about, but very pleased to be getting a FREE PRETZEL.

Our neighbors to our left have been here since we moved in and ever so quick with a hand or a favor if we ever needed one.  They share a love for television with me and we are often talking about the newest shows and what we think is worth watching these days.  They have an amazing looking yard and it is something I aspire to have.  If only I had the time! 
They declined a picture with the FREE PRETZEL, but they were happy to receive their treat from Patrick and Declan, who were more than eager to give them away.

Flying their flag on Memorial Day
Since they declined the picture, I thought it would be appropriate to show a little of their hedges and also their flag flying.  I know they enjoyed it because they snacked while we talked and the boys ran circles around everyone.  We are happy to have such wonderful neighbors.  Thanks.

It was yard work day in the Casale house.  I mowed and weed whacked the entire yard, trimmed the hedges and attempted to stamp out the weeds.  Katie turned over and weeded our side garden.  The kids played in the back for most of the afternoon before we all shared pasta and meatballs for Sunday dinner.

When I arrived at the Soft Pretzel Factory they informed me that they would be open on Memorial Day, not so last year, so I will make sure that I stop by for my FREE PRETZEL on Monday.

Birthday shout out to Terry McCarron.  Boston College grad, (we forgive him) but a former housemate in Pensacola and fellow ACE graduate.  Hope you had a nice birthday Terry!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment