Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 17- A night out on the town!

FREE PRETZEL #17
May 17th Day 17- The weekend started early today as I picked up the FREE PRETZEL after school.  I headed home for a little time with the kids.  Katie shaved my head, kids were fed, bathed and I was on my way to the PATCO. I was heading down to the ballpark to enjoy the Phils game with some friends.  Although I mentioned in yesterday's post that this was Ed's bachelor party weekend, there were only six of us attending the game.  My brother always likes to take in a game when he is home and instead of constantly talking about it, the FREE PRETZEL recipient, is the one who got it all started.  Adam Brooks decided to take a list of names of people who wanted to go, take the bull by the horns and just get tickets.  We probably would not have gone had he not done this, so I thought it was appropriate that he get today's FREE PRETZEL. 

Adam was very pleased to be part of the blog
The FREE PRETZEL traveled with me on the PATCO and then the Broad Street Line subway, finally arriving at its final destination at Xfinity Live!  As I greeted Adam and told him the good news, he actually said "I wanted to be part of this blog!"  As he took out the FREE PRETZEL, he said "It's still warm and fresh?" Hey what can I say?  I aim to please. Thanks Adam for looking out for the boys and getting us together.  I know Christina (Adam's wife) was jealous, but there are still some days left.  She actually begged Adam to go get her soft pretzels one night when she was pregnant a few years back.  She enlisted me to try and and convince him to do it.  I tried, but he didn't budge.  He needs to learn the art of being nice.  Ha!  Just kidding.  This was a great pretzel recipient moment

We also had a little fun with it:
See Christina, he can share!

We eventually made it into the game and before we watched the Reds tie it up, we took a minute to nab a picture with Harry.
Paying our respects to the Voice of the Phillies
Before the game ended we decided to move to McFadden's before the crowds got there.  We watched the final two innings from the cozy confines.  We enjoyed a few $1 hot dogs and as Papelbon got the last out, we were joined by these guys:

Bagpipers!
We ended the night back at Xfinity and great fun was had by all.  All thanks to Adam.  Thanks buddy.  I had a great time and I am pretty sure he enjoyed his pretzel. 

Shout-outs: 
-Ed, Joe, Nate and Mike for a great time at the ballpark and surrounding area. 

-to Katie for giving me the night out with the guys

-to my kids for behaving while I was away

Until later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment