Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 18- Another Special Occasion


FREE PRETZEL #18
May 18th Day 18- It will be forever the tradition that this Saturday on the calendar, for as long as I do this, will be Hope's Day.  For the 3rd straight year our whole family took part in the Angelman Syndrome Foundation 5k walk with our friends, Kevin and Kate Grugan and their children Hope and Jack.  All of Hope's friends and Family were there again and it was great to be involved with such an amazing cause.  I had actually not seen Hope in a while, although I knew she has been doing physical therapy. As I walked to greet Kevin, I noticed that he was putting Hope down and she was walking towards him all by herself.  I have to say that I was moved to tears.  It was a great to see this beautiful little girl enjoying the day with her dad at that moment.  I instantly gave the FREE PRETZEL to Hope and Kevin and she immediately started eating it.  Kevin remarked, "She loves pretzels."
She had no plans to share it this year.  
Hope and her daddy!
All I can say is that this was a great morning and a lot of good energy was shared by a lot of people.  We will continue to look forward to this day every year.  Keep up the good work Hope!

It was just a quick 5k around Cooper River
You can't beat the view from the bridge
Shout-outs:
-Hope you had a great birthday Malcolm McCluskey.  

-Nick and Melissa Lehmann and their sons Jake and Nate for traveling to the walk and hanging with our boys.  Thanks

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment