Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 20- Still more clouds?

 
FREE PRETZEL #20

May 20th Day 20- Today began cloudy, wet and warm.   It almost felt like what the inside of the Philly Soft Pretzel Factory feels like every day.  A very strong smell of garlic was emanating from the place, so I guess someone had a hankering for garlic pretzel rods. I'm not a big fan of those.  I like to stick with salt.  


Sr. Elizabeth was all smiles when I told her I brought her a pretzel
I drove to school today with a few ideas for the FREE PRETZEL, but I settled on Sister Elizabeth.  (She also happens to have a May birthday and I am always partial to that.)
Sister is basically the principal of the Blessed Edmund Learning Center, where the boys go to school.  I don't know if her title is principal, but I know she does just about every job there is within that school.  On any given day, I have seen sister, weeding the garden, cleaning up, balancing the schools finances, floating from classroom to classroom and (although I haven't actually seen it) keeping my boys company in her office.  Both Patrick and Declan have visited more times than I wish to admit.  I'm sure this is her favorite part of the job. Ha! Just wait until they get Tabitha!
This is just one of the many arrangements that grace the school foyer.

It is amazing to see how much energy she has every single day.  She runs around and chases the children on the playground.  She plays ball and games with them at full speed.  She has a great rapport with all the students and you can tell she really loves what she does.  When I found her this morning and presented her with the FREE PRETZEL, she said, "Thank you very much.  I love pretzels." Then she snuck a bite.  After I took her picture, she said she had to go back to work, but then called down the hall to me as I left, "This pretzel will give me the energy to keep working." Then she laughed a big Sister Elizabeth laugh.
 Katie and I are big fans of her, the school and all its teachers and assistants.  We could not ask for a better place for our boys.  Thanks Sister for all that you do.

 Shout-outs 
-Happy birthday to a fellow teacher Shelly Iapalucci.  I hope you had a good birthday


-Also big congrats to Casey McCluskey, fellow Notre Dame alum (Film, Television and Theater major, just like me, ACE grad, just like me) but unlike me, now
Boonshoft School of Medicine at Wright State University grad.  You totally earn a VIRTUAL FREE PRETZEL for the day.  Sorry I can't give you a real one.

Anyone born tomorrow, May 21st through June 20th, shares the Zodiac sign of Gemini with yours truly.  To all my fellow Gemini's: Happy birthday!

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment