Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2nd- I had the best intentions

Free Pretzel #2

May 2-Day 2 - Today was supposed to be a good day.  It had all the makings of an interesting blog and of course as I look back on it, was too good to be true. I cannot reveal all that happened, because I still plan on giving the intended person a pretzel at some point, but let's just say we had a hiccup today.  I promise to be more on my game in the future!

Because of the slight hiccup, the FREE PRETZEL spent the day in the sauna.  It then made its way to my belly, as an appetizer to my dinner.




Not all was lost though.  The FREE PRETZEL was still delicious and soft, which makes me believe that there is still hope for a traveling pretzel in the future. 

I was bummed about my hiccup today, but it allowed me to ponder a few things:

1) The volunteers at the Barclay Farmstead House in Cherry Hill are great. I ventured to this historical sight for the 10th time today, with my 5th grade class from Sharp school.  We had a good time and I am happy to report that my kids seemed to really enjoy history and the trip.  Thanks to Friend Sue, Friend Carol, Friend Betty, Friend Ruth (her first ever tour) and Friend Tristan in the Forge Barn.  Much fun was had by all in the land of the Quakers

2) The Phillies may ultimately win tonight, but they won't always get to play the Marlins and the Mets.  Wouldn't that be easier though?

3) I miss playoff hockey.  I find it hard to watch any sport when I don't have a rooting interest. 
Que Sera

4) Watching golf, especially non-professional golf is not as much fun as playing.
 Even if my neck limits my abilities. #frustrating

5) Who actually watches the NBA playoffs?  Seriously?  Is there anyone out there that does?
#unwatchable

6) New shows that if you do not watch you should: The Following (especially if you liked 24)
The Americans, Game of Thrones, Veep, Person of Interest, Newsroom.

7) Old shows that you should watch if you don't already: Nurse Jackie, Dexter, The Wire, The Killing

8) Shows that I would love to watch, but don't have the time: Mad Men, Breaking Bad.

9) Congrats to all the high school golfers that competed in the Carl Arena/Al Rifkin Memorial Tournament today. Special thanks to all those who helped run it as well.  Nice work!

10) I love Thursday nights because I know tomorrow is Friday!

Have a great Friday and maybe I will see you.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment