Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 3rd- Teacher Appreciation Day!

May 3rd, 2016 Year 5 Day 3


FREE PRETZEL #3
Teacher appreciation Day is always a great day for me and my colleagues, but do any of us really notice?  I would say most times no, but today my longtime buddy Joe Tabella, texted a simple "Happy Teachers Day Timmy!" out on our group text and it instantly made me smile.  Adam Brooks, another longtime buddy followed with a similar text and I knew that today would be a good day.

As luck would have it, the day did start off well because an extra pretzel made it into my bag along with the FREE PRETZEL and this was great because I did not have breakfast other than my fruit shake and this would tie me over until lunch. 

When I got into school I knew that I needed to give the pretzel to a deserving teacher.  Melissa Reitano has been teaching in Cherry Hill since 2005.  She has spent the majority of the time at Johnson school and has taught everything from Kindergarten, which she teaches this year through 3rd grade.  A lot more moving around than just my one year in 4th and all the rest in 5th!  Melissa also serves as our "do-it-all-person" in the building.  She is the CHEA Rep, the thankless job that I have endured as well. She does a great job attending meetings and then emailing everyone and keeping us informed, especially this year with our contract negotiations, retro pay, and usual Rep stuff.  She is a tough, no nonsense person, who loves to have a good time, especially when a fire pit or raffles are involved.
A very happy teacher being appreciated
When I gave her the FREE PRETZEL she was delighted.  She told me it made her day and then during her lunch hour she even posted a picture on Facebook letting everyone know that I made her day.  No Melissa, the FREE PRETZEL made your day.  THE POWER OF THE FREE PRETZEL!!!!

I saw her later in the day and she said the FREE PRETZEL almost didn't make it to her 11 o'clock snack time and that it was delicious and she thanked me again.  

Another satisfied customer.  

The day did continue to be a good day.  The golf course was closed, which meant no practice for me today.  Normally this would be a bummer, but it allowed me to go pick up the boys from CCD, which was nice.  
Then Katie picked up Buy One Get One burritos from Chipotle for Teacher Appreciation Day.
I'm finishing the day off by writing the blog, finishing my APR (Annual Performance Review), and watching the Phillies win again!
Now I'm watching Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E,L.D. and...
A Bernie Sanders win in Indiana.  I don't care if he can't win.  I just love the movement.
Feel the Bern!!!

Until Tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment