Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May 23rd- Immediate Family in the House!

May 23rd, 2016 Year 5 Day 23

FREE PRETZEL #23
The final member of the Immediate Family (the name we call our group of guy friends) Joe Tabella, is today's FREE PRETZEL recipient.  Joe moved in across the street from my parents house when he was in first grade.  We have probably been friends ever since, but never closer than we were in high school and beyond.  Before Joe's family had moved in, I do have an early memory of me taking swim lessons in the pool behind that house.  I have no idea who I was taking them with, but I have that memory.

A light snack
Through most of elementary school through high school, Joe played opposite sports from me other than baseball and golf.  I played soccer, he played football and then ran cross country.  In the winter he wrestled, while I played basketball.  It was the spring seasons that we would come together to play the same sports.  During little league I have a distinct memory of being on the same baseball team once.  Joey is a lefty and was damn good at baseball.  When we got to high school, Joe was on Delran's golf team with me.  We had a lot of good memories.  We still get out every once in a while, but not as much as we should.

Boys night!
Joe happens to live the furthest of the hometown group.  He lives down in Morton, PA, out past Philly airport. That never stops him from hanging out when he can though. Joe is the one in our group who is up for anything.  His wife Kara just gave birth to a third boy this past winter. Baby Ryan, joins Luke and Joey. His life is pretty busy and his job keeps him moving, but the man does not stop.  He is also for the past two years or so, an avid Crossfitter.  I am not sure if that is the word, but the man is in good shape.  I have no desire to be doing this kind of stuff myself, but more power to the guy that can do this:

Crossfit Champion!
All along Joe is a great friend, who again, is up for anything.  He gets the FREE PRETZEL for that alone.  But then look at that crazy idiot.  Look at that picture!  He's 38 with three kids!  Maybe the real hero is his wife Kara, but that's a story for another day.

Joe was excited to get his FREE PRETZEL since we almost connected on a different day and we thought we had blown our chance.  It was great to see him and I was glad he was included in this little adventure.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment