Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 4th- May the 4th be with you...always

May 4th, 2016 Year 5 Day 4

FREE PRETZEL #4

May the 4th has become a bigger deal every year and it seems and more and more people are getting into the spirit.  Today was just the same in the Casale house as I wore my red Star Wars t-shirt and after I reminded the boys, they both ran upstairs and found themselves their Star Wars t-shirts. 

The more exciting event was that Katie and I were headed to see the Philadelphia Orchestra at the Kimmel Center, present the Music of John Williams.  The Principal Guest Conductor was Stephane Deneve, but John Williams himself was there to conduct the final Star Wars pieces and three encore pieces!!! This event was just one in a weeks worth of events honoring John Williams. So what do you need if you are planning a night out?

 A KID SITTER!!!!

Kim got a little extra today because of my tardiness

Kim Bryfogle is the former setter for the Paul VI girls Volleyball team.  She has been playing volleyball since she was in 4th grade. She played all four years at PVI reaching a milestone of over 1000 assists as a setter and reaching the Non-Public State Final game as a senior.  She currently attends Rutgers-Camden as a freshman and also plays for their volleyball team and is studying to become a physical therapist.  Kim lives in Collingswood and started babysitting for us earlier this year.  After a rocky introduction to our boys on her first time, the kids warmed up to her quickly and get very excited when she is coming over.  She is great with the kids and a great person herself.  She deserved every bit of her FREE PRETZEL today.  

Funny thing is she got some extra today because of my poor planning.  My golf team had a match rescheduled today and I had to leave around 5:30.  Traffic on the way home was terrible on Haddon Ave and I barely made it to the store at 5:56.  Zach, he knows me by now, was able to let me in and told me I was the first customer they had since 5 o'clock.  His partner in crime, Suzanne helped me with the group of minis because they were out of regular pretzels.  It was extremely nice of them and Kim, and maybe the kids, reaped the rewards.

Verizon Hall inside the Kimmel Center

Back to our night out.  We had a great time.  We were a bit pressed for time, so we snagged Wawa on Broad Street and ate under a scaffolding across from the Center.  Katie had never been inside the building before and marveled at how great it was inside.

Big Night Out!!!!

They played a lot of the standard John Williams songs from E.T., Jaws, Harry Potter and Indiana Jones.   It was just really nice to sit and listen.  As Katie said, she was just happy to sit for two and a half  hours. 

This was only made possible for us because of the amazing generosity of my former grade level partner and friend Shirley Perkins and her husband Rick.  They knew how much I love John Williams music.  They provided us wit the tickets for the night.  It was an amazing gift and Katie and I were both very thankful to have this night out and enjoy such a fun experience that I will treasure forever.

I cannot thank you enough Rick and Shirley.  Thank you
The maestros
It is about 1 am.  I am exhausted and really hope it warms up a little bit for tomorrow. 

Enjoy your Thursday everyone.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment