Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20th- Katie takes over for a day

May 20th Day 20- Tim was away this weekend, so I was deputized to get the pretzel and also given free rein to determine the recipient.   I was also given the rights to blog about my own day rather than have Tim tell you my story. 
Before I go into the details of who got the FREE PRETZEL (all caps, just like Tim) I should say that I love this blog and appreciate all the people who take time to read it.  Tim is always saying such nice things about me that I wanted to take a moment to say something nice about him.  A blog where he gives away one of his favorite things to other people is a great fit for who he is as a person.  He is a great guy, a fantastic  dad, and he does the trash and mows the lawn (two things I dislike immensely).  Our sister-in-law, Cathy, told me once (well before we were even married or all that serious!) that the great thing about Tim is that he does not know any strangers.  She was so right.  Five minutes with him and Tim is at comfortable talking to almost anyone.  Tim makes friends with ease, keeps friends forever, and really knows how to be a good friend.  I am a lucky woman.
My journey to pick up the pretzel started the night before when Tim passed over the punch card and I was official as a FREE PRETZEL deputy.  The kids and I had a nice morning before we headed out to run a bunch of errands.  The big event was our trip to Target where I fit all 3 of them in one shopping cart that I am sure was bigger than a Smart Car.  Photographic evidence to follow.  We made it through our list by me calling out the next item in "excited parent voice" so that Patrick and Declan could look around the aisles for it while Tabitha left a trail of snacks in our wake.  Whew.
Photgraphic evidence of the trip to Target
That's how we roll!

Then I picked up the FREE PRETZEL.
FREE PRETZEL #20

Then I gave it to my good friend Rina who kindly came over to hang out with me for the afternoon so I could talk to another grown-up.  Awesome.  She is a great friend and just like Tim I don't think she knows any strangers either.  Rina truly is one of the nicest, most welcoming people I know.  She is generous, funny, a good mom, an athlete, a speech therapist who appreciates lisping just like I do, and very good at giving driving directions to anywhere in South Jersey.  I am lucky to have her as my friend. 
Rins posing with her FREE PRETZEL!


Final thought:  FREE PRETZELS are fun to give away.  Fifty Shades of Grey is crap.

Until tomorrow....

5 comments:

  1. You guys are the best! The pretzel made me SO happy, but not as happy as I felt reading the amazing things you wrote about me. Thanks Katie and Tim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so great to read this blog every day! You have the sticktoitiveness (i can't imagine I spelled that right!) and creativity that keeps me coming back. I'm glad you felt comfortable handing over the responsibility to Katie. She did an awesome job. Full time super mom, part time ghost writer! Happy Monday...so few left for the year. Where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! Trail of Snacks to the FREE PRETZEL sounds like an update of the Choose Your Own Adventure series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,
    This is so cool! What a neat idea. I had to go back to post #1 to find out about this FREE PRETZEL thing. Your husband is definitely a wonderful man. I will be following for the rest of the month, I'm hooked.
    Miss you, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie and Tim,
    You are great bloggers! Read this post with my AM coffee and I'm ready to face this rainy Monday. I'd like to propose a new novel: a WELL-WRITTEN 50 Shades Choose Your Own Adventure. Who wants to quit their day job and write it with me!?

    ReplyDelete