Saturday, May 5, 2012

May the 4th be with you!

May 4th- I did not pick the pretzel up in the morning today, because I had a plan.  It was a little weird getting the FREE PRETZEL in the afternoon and at least having an idea for what I was going to do. 

My intial idea was to give the pretzel to an outstanding volleyball player or play that I saw this evening at the Cherry Hill Schools Volley for Support Tournament, but that idea changed.  I mentioned from the beginning that I want to do this to make people happy.  Soft pretzels are universal.  They are just good and in most cases they make many people happy.  These soft pretzels are just the best and even a few hours old they are still good.  As we began the tournament, I noticed that one of my fellow teachers did not seem happy.  It doesnt matter why she wasnt happy, so I wanted to know if a pretzel would cheer her up.  I did not care if it was just a little cheering up. 
She said that it would, and once we continued to advance in the tournament I think her spirits lifted.  She was okay with the idea and so I told her about my blog, what I was doing and that I wanted her to be a part of it.  So here is the recipient of the FREE PRETZEL for May 4th:

Christina and Tabitha sharing the FREE PRETZEL


She told me that the pretzel did in fact make her feel better and that she shared it with Tabitha and enjoyed it very much.  I was happy to see her smile.

As for our tournament...

WE WON!!!

Joseph D Sharp Elementary School, my new work home, was the last team standing in the
8th annual Volley for Support!  I should just retire now and go out on top.  Everyone was great.  We had fun, we played well and a fabulous time was had by all. A quick shout out to all our players, Jackie, Kathie, Steve, Bob, Charlie, Christina, Jaynee, Diane, Olivia, Kristi, Melissa and Laurie and our super fan Benica.  I had a blast!

I hope a lot of money was raised for building a Miracle Field this year. 

I even snuck a pretzel bag into the picture.  I shared a few of the unofficial pretzels with the team.  This victory was the mustard on the pretzel for me! 

I read a comment asking about my kids liking pretzels and as a matter of fact they love them. 
These shots were actually taken today, but I did not read the comment until this evening. 

 Patrick enjoying his second half of a pretzel!

Declan munching his pretzel, even though he called it a doughnut

This is Tabitha (Tibby) enjoying her pretzel too.  Trust me, she was enjoying just standing up.



Today was a great day to be a pretzel lover.  Smiles were had everywhere. 
Tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby, Cinco De Mayo and it's Saturday.  Should be a great day.  I think I know where the FREE Pretzel may be going, but I am easily swayed.  I hope you all had a great Friday and hope the weekend where you are will be as nice as the one we are supposed to have here. 

The Collingswood Farmers Market starts tomorrow...yessss!  That means summer is right around the corner!  Come back tomorrow to see what mischief the FREE PRETZEL and I might get into...

FREE PRETZEL #4

Until tomorrow....





1 comment:

  1. Tim -- What about doing a "flat sammy" adventure day with one of your pretzels where you photograph the pretzel in all sorts of fun locations around the area?

    ReplyDelete