Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 13th- Another Amazing Helper

May 13th, 2015 Year 4 Day 13
FREE PRETZEL #13
Today started off pretty comical.  I headed into the Pretzel Factory and as I was getting my punch card punched, I noticed that Zach had punched tomorrows date of the 14th, seeing my card and thinking that the 13th had already been punched, even though it was just the Day 2 hole creeping down on the 13.  I asked him to punch the 13 and then asked if he would be working tomorrow morning so that he knew I didn't have the 14th punched.  Let's hope he doesn't call out sick tomorrow. 

He also told me a quick story that some guy came in recently trying to use last year's card?  Seriously? He told him that he found it online?  Like what?  Last year's card and the other two years actually, are both red, white and blue.  Not even close to this years card.  Some people will really do anything or a FREE PRETZEL.
The Roseboro's were pretty pleased to get a pretzel this morning.

Today's recipient of the FREE PRETZEL is Kathleen Roseboro.  Kathleen lives down the street from us and her son Jake is a 4th grader at Tatem school, while here daughter Norah is in the boys class.  On certain days of the week, we do not have child care and therefore need some help.  Katie reached out on Facebook and found Kathleen.  She has been awesome.  Her response is always "We are here, it's no problem."  It really does take a village and even on a days notice she will take the boys.  Initially it was used as a great wake up ploy to get Norah up in the morning as she was pretty excited to see the boys. Maybe a little of the novelty has worn off for Norah, but the boys still enjoy coming over and we cannot be more appreciative.  It really has been saving us in a pinch. 
 
Today when I dropped the boys off, I explained what I had been doing and her little one Delaney, was extremely excited to get a FREE PRETZEL. "Can I have a pretzel?"  I was happy to hear that.  The FREE PRETZEL is just a small token of appreciation.  I just hope the boys appreciate what Kathleen has been able to do for us too. 

Kathleen is a photographer and I wanted to make sure I got in a little plug for her business as well.  Here are some of her wedding pictures from 2014: 
http://kathleenroseboro.smugmug.com/Weddings/Best-of-2014-Weddings/n-SfsVX/i-zMpcPJv

You can also find her on Facebook at Kathleen Roseboro Photography. 

Thanks so much for being there for us and I hope the family and Delaney enjoyed her pretzel. 

Happy birthday wishes go to Ashley Szwajkowski a resource teacher at Johnson.  I hope she is having fun somewhere.

I'm beat again, but waiting to see the end of this hockey game.  Go Caps!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment