Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 24th- MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

 May 24th, 2015 Year 4 Day 24


FREE PRETZEL #24
The morning started off with gifts.  It was a very nice assortment.  A blade sharpener for my razors.  A plaid Notre Dame hat.  THE SHIRT for the upcoming Notre Dame football season and a blue tooth for my phone to use in the car.
My bounty on this day
The real present was that I got to play golf for the second straight day!  When I showed up at the course there were only 4 other guys from our regular group and so we decided to play in fivesome, which is now legal at our club. The round started off pretty well as I birdied the first two holes, then a par and we were on the tee at the par 3, fourth hole.  The hole was playing about 143 yards, with the hole in the middle portion of the green with the wind in our face.  I decided to take a 9 iron.  As I hit the ball, I knew I did not hit it great and said "I think I might get away with it."  Meaning: It was not a well struck shot but its going straight and might be on the green.
Well as the ball reached the green, it took two hops, spun left towards the hole and then fell in.

A HOLE IN ONE.  MY FIRST
The ball as it lies for a 1.
A lot of yelling and high fives ensued and probably woke up the neighbors on a lazy Sunday morning.  It was thrilling, amazing and hard to comprehend.  I did not totally screw up the next hole, just missing a birdie putt, but as the round went on it was hard to keep up my pace and I ended up shooting a 75.  One stroke better than yesterday and one stroke better than last year on my birthday.
Golf ball, scorecard and smile
The rest of the day was nice and relaxing. We went to SONIC and had milkshakes and limeades, played in the backyard and then had homemade pizza and some ice cream cake that Katie made.  I also decided to have some drinks on this extra special of special occasions. The cake was amazing and I was glad we had a little left over. 
It was a party after all
Kit Kat covered ice cream cake

Chocolate and peanut butter inside with crushed oreos and birthday cake ice cream

It had to have been my most memorable birthday.  What a funny day.

I hope a great day was had by all, especially Mrs. Skoviak my third grade Math teacher and Fred Wittenberg and Nick Brooks, childhood acquaintances and fellow Delran High School Alumni.  I also recently found out that my friend Fas, his mom, also has my same birth date as well as Johnson School Educational Assistant Patricia Babnew.  Happy birthday to all who share theirs with me!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment