Thursday, May 21, 2015

May 20th- A glimpse into my future?

May 20th, 2015 Year 4 Day 20

FREE PRETZEL #20
It's a rarity that I am not rushing to the Pretzel Factory early in the morning and then rushing to make it to school on time.  Today was a bit more relaxed because I would be getting the FREE PRETZEL...after school.  Dun dun dunnnnn!

Tom and son Danny improvised their picture.
Today's recipient is our neighbor across the street Tom Schmidt.  Since we moved just over a year ago, Tom, his wife Nancy and there two boys, Danny (headed to Paul VI next year) and Liam, have not only been great neighbors, but they have been a glimpse into my future. Their two boys doing homework, Tom just getting home from running the snack stand at the Collingswood baseball fields. That's my future right?  I guess I would have to add one more to the mix, but it's pretty close.  I hope that my future is just as calm as his seemed to be. 

Tom just recently returned from a trip to Hawaii with Nancy, that he earned from his work.  Nice gig and of course he jumps right back in to work at the snack stand.  He is the treasurer of the Collingswood Little League and can be seen in that snack stand just about every night during the spring months, with the exception of Sunday and when work gets in the way. 

Tom and his sons have already done the favor taking out an bringing in our trash cans on several occasions while we have been away and what else can a neighbor ask for.  No one ever knows what the future will hold, but with a neighbor like Tom and his family, it feels like a perfect place to raise my own family.  I will do my best to learn by example and hope that we have many years helping each other when needed.

Tom was happy to share the FREE PRETZEL with his two growing boys and he said thanks.  He even gave me two mini Ghirardelli dark chocolates that he had from his trip.  Score! I'm glad his boys enjoyed his pretzel.

Happy Birthday Shout outs go to Jodi Levine.  Hope the kids and Neil gave you a very happy birthday.  Also Shelly Iapalucci had a birthday yesterday.  Hope it was a nice one

I feel some special birthday love coming soon

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment