Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 26th- A lunch time visit

May 26th, 2015 Year 4 Day 26
FREE PRETZEL #26
It is always fun when I am able to set something up for someone special.  May happens to be a busy month for me, so seeking out others and doing the best I can with this thing can be time consuming.  Today's recipient, my uncle Bob Lynch, was an unsuspecting recipient of the FREE PRETZEL.

Uncle Bob with his lunch snack
I had planned this out with my aunt Kathy so that I could come by during my lunch break and present him with the FREE PRETZEL.  Recently Bob had a mini stroke and unfortunately because of the effects, was not able to join my mom and dad on a river cruise in Europe for three weeks.  I would say he has to be a little more than bummed, but then again, we are very happy he is with us.  I thought it would be nice to at least give him a pretzel right?  I am happy to say that they did have insurance on the trip and in July they already have a different trip planned.  Sounds like fun to me.

My uncle was a professor at Rowan for 36 years.  He taught business classes and is still a professor Emeritus. He has always taken an interest in all of his nieces and nephews, asking the hard questions of "What do you think your major will be in college?" and "What are you planning to do when you graduate?"  Even today he asked if I was interested in becoming a school administrator like my dad?  I'm just not into that, because I enjoy working with the kids each day.

He and my aunt still play a little golf now and then and are still pretty avid Phillies fans. They still have a season ticket plan.  Just for that he should deserve a pretzel right?  Uncle Bob was pretty surprised about the pretzel, but said he enjoys them and was looking forward to his snack.  I just hope Aunt Kathy didn't gobble it up first.  She loves pretzels.  I hope Bob enjoyed his tasty surprise treat today

Happy birthday to my former ACE housemate Terry McCarron.  I hope it was a good one Terry!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment